Sunday, January 23, 2011

Nursing Cover Letter

Personalize the sample nursing cover letter for your own use.

This letter is designed to get the reader's attention and ensure that your resume is read with serious consideration. The cover letter is perhaps the single most important document of your job search. It is the cover letter that will get your resume read and take you to the next stage of the hiring process.
    

Nursing Cover Letter

Your name
Your address
Your contact details(phone and email)

Date

Mrs Emily Blackstone
Director of Nursing
Unity Hospital Center
450 First Avenue
New York, New York 10016

Dear Mrs Blackstone

I am submitting my resume in application for the recently advertised R.N. position at Unity Hospital Center. I believe that my training and experience closely match your requirements and my additional qualifications in critical care nursing will make me an asset to your nursing staff.
Some key points that are relevant to this nursing position include:
  • I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from XYZ University in 2000 and my Certification in Critical Care Nursing in 2006.
  • I have experience caring for a broad range of patients from infants to senior citizens within various scenarios including post-operative, infectious diseases, medical, oncology, intensive care and emergency departments.
  • My particular areas of expertise include ICU and CCU, intravenous therapy, emergency procedures and patient and family counseling and support.
  • I have proven myself to be a highly motivated nurse with the ability to remain focused and self-directed in very high stress environments.
I am convinced that my commitment to caring for patients and the ability to function as an integral part of a treatment team would allow me to make a valuable contribution to the tradition of excellence at Unity Hospital. A challenging environment such as yours will give me the opportunity to make the best use of my skills and experience as a health care professional.I would welcome the opportunity to interview for this position and discuss how I can fulfill your nursing needs. Please contact me via phone or e-mail to arrange a mutually convenient time and date for us to meet.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.
Sincerely
Nancy Baker, RN, CCRN

Enclosure
Before your send off your nursing cover letter proofread it thoroughly and read it aloud a couple of times to hear how it comes across. Make sure you have referred to how your specific skills and strengths meet the needs of the employer and nursing opportunity. Allow your professionalism to come across in the cover letter and make sure your resume receives the right consideration. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment